Ever thought of making homemade wooden jewellery ornaments for Diwali? How about making some lovely ornaments instead of buying expensive jewellery? It’s time to ignite your creativity and inspire the world.
Today I’m gonna show you some super creative and trending ornament ideas you can craft using scrap wood on this auspicious occasion of Diwali. These are high on trends in 2022 and are one of the most popular pieces every girl loves to wear.
7 Trending Homemade Wooden Jewellery Ornaments for Diwali You Can Craft at Home
As we all know Diwali is celebrated every year and is one of the most popular festivals in India. People go crazy shopping, especially for traditional jewellery which is expensive.
So why not craft exquisite pieces yourself at home that is eco-friendly? Reason being, it is a superbly cost-effective idea to try on plus the unique and futuristic designs will not only match your outfit but also perfect gift idea for your loved ones.
Here are some of most popular and trending jewellery ideas to craft at home, take a look below and do share your ideas/suggestions in the comments below, I would love to see them.
1. Choker Necklace Gives a Royal Vibe to your Festive look
If you are fond of maximalist jewelry, here’s good news for you, ’90s choker neckpieces are back in fashion and perfect for Diwali. The best part about this jewelry trend is that choker necklace aren’t limited to wearing with ethnic wear only rather all kinds of apparel.
Make aesthetic designer choker pieces yourself and inspire people around you. Take inspiration from videos, and craft in your own style. And, Let me tell you, it’s not that difficult. All you need is to understand the process, materials and you are all set.
Recommended Blog: How to Make Wooden Jewellery at Home?
2. Lightweight Pieces Goes With Every Outfit
If you are not looking for heavy jewellery for the festive season, fret not. You can make magnificent handmade pieces using wood or even paper.
They are not only light in weight but also eco-friendly in nature so why make the best use of scrap wood pieces available to us, Right? Take some inspiration from one of my DIY tutorials. Hope this article is helpful to you, do share your feedback.
On the other hand, if you don’t have wood pieces, you can try out and make jewellery from pearls and Kundan. Get all these materials from the local market or online store and start making them at home.
3. Dress up your Wrist with Mirror Bracelets
Mirror-styled jewellery is one of my favourites that’s always in my wardrobe. Bracelet making is the easiest craft to try at home. All you need is mirror shapes and craft materials to get started. Get detailed insights on jewellery-making materials here.
4. Layered Neckpiece Creates a Whole New Look
Women love to wear layered jewelry as it creates an amazing ethnic look that is perfect for the festive seasons. These chunky multi-layered chains give a whole new look to your personality.
You can wear the long layered necklace on a black top or any outfit or with a low-neck top. The ideas are endless, so get ready to amp up your look with a layered necklace.
Let me show a glimpse of my craft, its a double layered statement necklace using scrap wood, pearls and golden chain. I have also shared essential supplies in the below image, take a quick look.
5. Minimalist Jewelry Are Timeless
The festive season is on right from Navratri, Dussehra to Diwali. So, If you are looking for minimalist jewellery, go for statement pieces.
The best part about statement jewellery is that it’s useful in both festive as well as your everyday wardrobe. They are timeless.
6. Stud Earrings Are Always the First Choice
Make your outfits gleam this Diwali with gorgeous stud earrings. They are super classy and surely make you shine in all gatherings whether it’s Navratri, Dussehra, Diwali or any special occasion.
You can craft stud earrings using a wood piece or cardstock. It’s an easy and quick process. Learn how to make wooden earrings at home with one of my DIY tutorials. I have used a pinewood wood piece here. Hope that’s helpful to you. Do share your feedback.
7. Evil Eye Jewelry is trending everywhere
Evil eye jewellery is high on trend this Diwali season. They protect you from negative energy and are perfect for gifting your loved ones.
They are minimalist jewellery that is suitable for all occasions. So, if you are looking for something auspicious piece, go in for evil eye statement jewellery. Craft your own way and inspire others.
Things You’ll Need to Make Homemade Wooden Jewellery Ornaments for Diwali
Now, as you got the ideas to craft handmade wooden jewellery ornaments, here are basic supplies needed to make these beautiful stuffs at home, gather all of them and make this Diwali special with your exclusive handmade jewellery.
- Wood Shapes : Gather scrap wood and get to cut from a carpenter to get the desired shapes or you can surely do it yourself using a Dremel machine if you are comfortable with drilling else avoid it.
- E6000 Glue : It’s a strong adhesive that highly recommended for all DIY enthusiast. If you are making a jewelry piece out of mirror shapes and wood, this glue comes handy and works best for you.
- Pearl Beads and charms : Make beautiful ethnic jewelry this diwali using pearl beads and charm. To get more ideas on jewellery making materials, check out this blog.
- Stretch Cords : Stretch cords are perfect for making bracelets and quite easy for a beginner to try at home. I remember, my first craft piece was a bracelet and it was super easy and fun to try at home.
- Jump Rings : Jump rings comes in different size, so it depends on what kind of jewelry you wish to craft yourself. Make sure to choose the right size of jump rings for making homemade jewelry.
- Nylon Thread : Nylon thread is an essential jewelry crafting supply. Make pendants, anklets, bracelets and for that you need to learn the correct way of make a knot using nylon thread.
- Paint (If you want to make it colorful) and Varnish : To make colorful homemade wooden jewellery ornaments for Diwali, use paint colors and then waterproof with Varnish.
Worth Reading: How to Make Wooden Jewellery at Home?
This brings us to the end of this article, the above listed jewellery trends is to make stunning jewellery ornaments that is eco-friendly and comes in your budget. I mean, it’s so amazing how a scrap wood piece can be turned out into an magnificent ethnic jewellery.
If you are eager to learn the wood cutting process for making jewelry, head over to this tutorial. On the other hand, If you don’t want to go for wood cutting at home, get readymade wood shapes from the craft store and collect scrap wood and get the desired shapes from the carpenter.
Hope you liked the article, do share your valuable feedback with me. I will come up with more ideas and DIY tutorials, till then, Happy Crafting and wish you a very happy and prosperous Diwali. Finally, after covid, we all can celebrate together with our families, let’s make this day special for every one. Craft, inspire and share happy vibes to your loves ones.